Sunday, June 18, 2006

...curiosity


Im back to my routine, my mind is still away on holiday.

I spent a day teaching a student a wrong method on Saturday. Only a minor error. Causing the student great difficulty.
Half way through the day I suddenly realized why he was struggling.
You get to a point where it becomes to embarrassing to admit your faults & you think of a way to subtly change the way you are doing things to save face.
No problem.
At that moment he asked the exactly the right question to make me feel silly.
I glad he worked it out for himself, shows he was thinking.
,but his curiosity got the better of me.

5 comments:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Isn't it fun, though, to have such thoughtful (thinking) students? Can he draw, too?

sim said...

Sorry Hoss, not a clue. I was teaching him to sail.

Miss Cellania said...

The best thing about embarassment is that it provides some good blogfodder!

Anonymous said...

That is my life in a nutshell 355 days a year - I take off 10 from embarressment as a vacation.
Great cartoon.

Heartful said...

Well, I bet he'll never forget what he learned, and that he's pleased he figured it out for himself. That was a great learning experience you set up for him!!