It's not the little electronic hand set that annoys me specifically , it's usually the pink bit attached to it.
Im one of those small band of (arrogant) people that refuse to own a mobile phone.
Im not sure whether its cool to admit to never having 'texted' anyone, if it isn't, then I'm happy in my deluded state of un-coolness.
10 modern appliences I don't own and am happy about.
01) The mobile phone. (Rotten things spoil peoples lives, never allowing them any time to themselves. Always in contact .Can't leave home without one. Sod that. Its worse than being addicted to crack)
02) A land line telephone. (If people want to get hold of me badly enough, they find a way.)
03) A television. (OK I do confess to watching my dear old mums telly on the odd occasion. News, political discussions ,topical debates, current affairs & rank animal porn only though !.)
04) Satalite navigation. (Why? I own a map & live on an island. If I drive too far I just get wet).
05) Palm top computer. (Pointless. All the functions of a diary with added stress.)
06) In car CD player. (Just too lazy to fit one, & digtal radios ,don't get me on that topic)
07) Playstation/Xbox. (Just too tight to spend the cash, too much of a life to use one)
08) Air conditioning. (I wait all year for it to get toasty & warm, Why then sit around in tepid, recyclyed unfiltered air while wasteing energy hand over fist.)
09) A watch. (lifes too short) (Oh crap, i've just remembered, Ive got one attached to my sailing kit).
10) Electric toothbrush. (The lazyness astounds me).
I shall now go back & sit in my field with the turnips and wave my fist, ranting at the modern world. Bah.